Monday, November 28, 2011

Let there be floor! said I


And lo, there was floor.

And low, was how I had to bend to do all that shit.  It took a while and was hell on my lower back, but the kitchen floor is IN.  The cabinet guy is doing his installation today, so the B part of this post should show a much improved kitchen.

The kitchen tile, 18" x 18" Tavertino Beige porcelain, is meant for most of the first floor.  The kitchen represents only about one fifth the square footage and four fifths of my aching lumbar region.  The money saved on labor is substantial.  The money spent on future chiropractors might be as well. 

If I were God... I'd snap my freakin' fingers and it would be done.(possibly by the Swedish bikini team)  But since I'm not, I'm going to have to think about it.

2 comments:

  1. You've done a nice job. And somebody in your house has good taste. Hope you bought some knee pads at Home Depot. They got 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have had the demi-not-God do it. She's closer to the ground and wouldn't have to bend as much.

    ReplyDelete