Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wanna-Be Wednesdays; your chance to play God

an exerpt from my coming book

Oh, the things I'd do...
Yes, I've got a lot of ideas, but Wanna-Be Wednesdays is about what you, the readers, would do if you were God.  If you could come up with your own "If..." for the blue box above and want to participate just send them in and the best will be put up.  So here's your chance to do a little world-shaping of your own.  I'll review what comes in and next Wednesday the Wanna-Be's will rule!

In a sense, we already have our first re-shaping.  Linda Medrano submitted an idea for a new "Reasons" a few days ago that was too good to pass up.  I went with my own tagline, because you know, I do that.  It will become part of the permanent rotation seen at the right.  So congratulations Linda, as promised you can put a short-topic post on this site if you'd like (or opt for paradise points instead, redeamable in the afterlife for a private cloud with a view or designer wings among other things)


As always, If I Were God appreciates comments, ad-clicks and sharing of His articles.  He sees all; disappoint Him not.

15 comments:

  1. Very nice, supreme being! Very nice take indeed! Now I need to go read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Dude, (god), I'm flattered! Thank you for the shout out. Now I need a Bloomies catalog to see if Prada or Gucci makes angel wings! (I already have the pumps and the bags.) And I need to think about a submission for "if I were god".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff, Linda. Nice pix, God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, your Brady/Brady ideas were funny, and Mrs God complains about his hair every time they show him on TV, but neither Brady qualifies as a 'reason to doubt', so I couldn't take them. If you have any others, or "If..."s I'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHA Love the Paris com-paris-on! HAHA crack myself up too!

    If I were God men would carry the baby and birth it. Then they can shut up about the damn pickle jar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said, dear Crystal, well said. With instincts and quick wit like that you should send in your own com-paris-on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I were God, I am afraid I would be less merciful to perpetrators. It would be an eye for an eye, a penis for a penis, etc.
    I would probably turn gold-diggers to a pillar of salt as well.
    I guess it's a good thing I'm not God.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cardi,
    you've a way with words yourself, I've seen your complaints columns. Don't you have an "If..." or two you'd like to put out there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am doing this ‘Boost my blog Friday′ that I saw over at Java's blog and I would have followed you but I couldn't find a button for it. This is such a cool idea isn’t it?! Love your blog by the way - that method of birth control is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I were God, chocolate and pizza would be recommended low calorie, anit-oxidant-rich diet foods!

    loved the Paris/Paris thing!
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very nice to meet you. If we could vote I would vote you in for god so we wouldn't have to worry about puberty and birth control. If I were god I would do away with housework. I'm a new visitor and follower from the blog hop. Look forward to hearing back from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! Love your blog!! Those comparisons are hilarious, so I'll be REALLY pissed off if there aren't any new ones next time I drop in!!

    Have a FAAAABULOUS weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "...REALLY pissed off"? Curious pose to strike, mortal.
    You DO realize only one of us can smite the other to sub-atomic particles from a world away, don't you?

    I will pass on that, however, in light of your well-wishes for my weekend. Stay good.
    Or else.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha...love it...irreverant, but funny enough to follow for more. found you via a blog hop.

    Come visit sometime..

    http://jewelzfrontporch.blogspot.com

    Jewel

    ReplyDelete